Welcome to Living Merthyr Tydfil
Housing Advice Office – Temporary Closure
In response to the current Coronavirus situation, in order to protect both staff and customers in the short term, MTCBC have had to make the difficult decision of temporarily closing the Civic Centre.
Many of our Housing staff will continue to be working from home to provide any advice, guidance and support in emergency situations should they arise via our main telephone number 01685 725000, or by emailing the housing mailbox via firstname.lastname@example.org
Outside office hours (evenings and weekends) the usual out of hours service will be available via 01685 385231.
Should you already be a tenant with one of our partner Registered Social Landlords (Housing Associations) and have an emergency housing query, please contact your landlord directly.
We will provide any further updates via our website and via social media when the office will re-open, but please be assured that in the meantime we will ensure that we maintain our high levels of service to all customers at this ever changing and difficult time.
The new official Council website for all things Housing...
Here you will be able to:
- Register a user account on the site and receive a unique LOGIN ref number. This does not complete the Housing Register Application you need to do this separately to join the common housing register
- See what social housing properties are advertised for rent
- Apply for social housing - provided by our four housing association partners
- Consider your wider HOUSING OPTIONS, including private rent
- Access lots of information and resources